RE: [PrimeNumbers] (not spam I promise)

  • Jon Perry
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 21, 2002
      It was a genuine mistake. I posted the post very late at night, and I was
      tired. The correct version is:

      1=1

      1+1=2
      2=2

      1+1+1=3
      1+2=3
      3=3

      1+1+1+1=4
      1+1+2=4
      1+3=4
      2+2=4
      4=4

      --- and for primes ---

      2=2

      3=3

      2+2=4

      2+3=5
      5=5

      2+2+2=6
      3+3=6

      2+2+3=7
      2+5=7
      7=7

      The first problem I solved about 5 years ago, I can't fully remember how,
      but it reduces to a fairly simple formula, and you can even determine the
      number of sums to n with k terms.

      Jon Perry
      perry@...
      http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry/maths