NewPGen 2.60 available
- Hi all,
This a quick note to let you know that a new release of NewPGen,
version 2.60, is available for download from
Features in this release include:
* Improved performance for small p : all sieves are faster for p<1
billion, and sieves that have more than one strike-out per p (ie
twin, CC, etc) are especially improved.
* The maximum bitmap size is increased from 255.99Mb to 485Mb.
* For the k.2^n sieves, even k's can also be included in the sieve.
* There is a new option to automatically start PFGW once the sieving
* Two 'PrimoProth' sieves have been added: k#.2^n+1 and k#.2^n-1 with
* For very sparse sieves where the bitmap is not used (for example,
if you look for a BiTwin len 6 for k=1 to 300 billion), the sieving
of the aggregated file is a lot faster.
* To avoid losing work in the event of a crash, a 'Use two save
files' option has been added.
* A 'Hide' option has been added.
Many thanks to all who have beta-tested various versions - this took
a long time to get out, mainly because I don't have a development PC
with >128 Mb of RAM. Thanks also to Prof Caldwell for hosting the