Gruesome Runs - New Record 11 (and 13)

  • David Cleaver
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2002
      Mine being:

      31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41

      31, 2,11,17, 7, 3,37,19,13, 5,41

      One thing I've noticed is that its best to start a run of these at a
      power of two [or maybe just before if you're near a Mersenne ;) ] The
      reason being is that the first element, the 2^k, eliminates the chance
      that any other succeding number could use 2 as its prime. And with such
      info, let me look at 64: and yup, I just got a gruesome run of 13,
      which is:

      64,65,66,67,68,69,70,71,72,73,74,75,76

      2,13,11,67,17,23, 7,71, 3,73,37, 5,19

      It took me about 5 minutes with pen and paper to find these two, I'm
      sure a program could find many more much more quickly. Don't know if
      I'll write it, I'm going to go rent some movies tonight. Anyway, have
      fun on your gruesome searches.

      -David C.