6-Carmichael record

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
      OK, Phil, your turn to teach, please.
      > half the speed of a primorial newpgen
      Please, sir, how does NewPgen economically solve
      k=1/(-m#) mod p
      No problem working out -m# mod p,
      but then how do you best find the modular inverse
      Is it just the obvious O(log(p)) Euclid job?
      In which case I can do it in Fortran, with line-numbering :-)
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2002
        --- djbroadhurst <d.broadhurst@...> wrote:
        > OK, Phil, your turn to teach, please.
        > > half the speed of a primorial newpgen
        > Please, sir, how does NewPgen economically solve
        > k=1/(-m#) mod p
        > No problem working out -m# mod p,
        > but then how do you best find the modular inverse
        > Is it just the obvious O(log(p)) Euclid job?
        > In which case I can do it in Fortran, with line-numbering :-)

        Yuppers. Fortran schmortran - do it in URL or Turing Machine. You
        were aware that Fortran is as capable as a Turing machine, weren't
        you ;-)

        Phil

        =====
        --