Proth/Registry issues

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2002
      I have 2 linux machines with shared NFS home directories.
      One machine has been running Proth under wine for some time.
      I recently started it on the second of them, running in a separate directory, with its own copy of the executable and input file.
      The first machine blew up (hey, 3 Athlons in 6 months, I work'em too hard!), but I've got back running again. So I started Proth again. And it wants to run the input file for the other machine!

      It's completely forgotten what file it was searching, and how far through it it was. All I know is that it's been running for about 3 weeks, and that the system is a multi-user system with varying loads and that test times can vary my large margins.

      Is there any way I can find out what number it was testing when the machine blew up? I do have the Proth.dta and Proth.dtf files, can they be used to work out what number I was on. I'd hate to have to redo vast quantities of work.

      Eeek.

      Phil

      Don't be fooled, CRC Press are _not_ the good guys.
      They've taken Wolfram's money - _don't_ give them yours.
      http://mathworld.wolfram.com/erics_commentary.html

      http://www.shopping.altavista.com