Recent discoveries

  • anastasis_1999
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2002
      Hello,

      While I've been offline, I've been working hard at some new ideas in
      twin prime theory, which I hope to share here (mostly trying to come
      up with a Chebyshev analogy to twins ie theta_2(x)=O(x) and things
      like that.)

      Let M(n)=log p if n=p^k, k>=1, zero otherwise (von Mangoldt function)

      then sum (2<n<=x, condition M(n)*M(n+2)>zero) M(n)/n =2*c*loglog x +
      M + O(1), where M =Merten's constant, and c is the twin prime
      constant.

      Can this be proven by combining sum (primes<=x) 1/p ~ loglog x with
      the Hardy-Littlewood theory, and R Padma's double mangoldt function
      (which is sum (n<=x) M(n)*M(n+d), where d is even, and I've only used
      d=2)?

      That'll do for now. I'll post another sometime soon,
      from Guy