Re: About that coordinate system...

  • paulmillscv
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
      --- In primenumbers@y..., Leadhyena Inrandomtan
      <leadhyena_inrandomtan@y...> wrote:
      > I apologise if I break any rules of netiquette,
      > as this is my first send on this post. I am but an
      > independent mathematician out of Dallas, TX and have
      > an insatiatable appetite for mathematics and logic.

      Hello,
      It is nice to welcome someone with an interest in logic.

      > As far as the philosophical debate, I say
      > whatever floats your boat. What matters except for the
      > mathematics? Why step outside of the mathematics? It's
      > only symbols;

      Yes, but symbols of reality. Therefore the 3-d cartesian co-ordinate
      system is a real 'discovery' which will affect humankind for all
      generations. You also have the possibility to contribute.

      It's inherent in nature; It's man-made;
      > it's created by God; Man is God whatever.

      Man is A God. Man is not THE God. We are 'chips off the old block.'
      But I digress.

      What matters
      > is the mathematics. To put in my two cents though,
      > this is how I see it: Logic is god, and reality is
      > just the symbols of god flying around to the winds of
      > logic. No personification.

      > Mathematics is simply the
      > practice of putting symbols on paper and letting them
      > dance on the winds of logic.

      This is a nice metaphor for 'streams of consciousness' that we have
      been discussing as the 'matrix' for collective thought. The 'out
      there'.

      But does it matter to the
      > mathematics? As long as math doesn't try to supercede
      > logic, we're on solid ground.

      Yes, logic oversees mathematics as an elder brother to a younger
      brother.

      Nice comments. Do you have any of your own work you would like to
      share with the group?

      regards,
      Paul Mills
      Kenilworth,
      England.

      > http://auctions.yahoo.com
    • J
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
        Dear Colleagues,

        I never expected so many emails about the 3d
        coordinate system. I must thank everyone for
        contributing. In the original Email I sent to this
        group I had a typo on my email I was missing the
        number 19. One to many beers that night :). Now I
        realize that as long as xp>Yp>Zp etc.. that any group
        or grouping of prime numbers can be used for the
        system, As long as they are larger prime numbers than
        the 1st group.

        Regards,
        Jason Kurtz

        http://auctions.yahoo.com