Lucas group

  • paulmillscv
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2002
      Hello,
      John McNamara has started a group called oneandthreearefourgroup
      to discuss Fibonacci and Lucas sequences. This is an important area
      for new number theory research. Q. Can anyone say in a few words why
      the F and L series are particularly special for the Fibonacci
      recurrence relation? Also, Q. What is the equivalent Lucas-Lehmer
      test for primes of the form 3*2^p – 1? C'est pas possible that we
      would discover even more 100,000+ digit primes with such a test?

      Here is a link to a paper inspired by John's work.

      http://members.tripod.co.uk/comms1/papers/fb1.pdf

      Regards,
      Paul Mills
      Kenilworth,
      England.
    • paulmillscv
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2002
        Hello,
        Of course I forgot to mention that the answer to the first
        question is to be found at this link.

        regards,
        Paul Mills,
        Kenilworth,