APSieve

  • Michael Bell
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2001
      Hi,

      I've found a bug in APSieve v0.67 - this does not effect the sieving, just
      the PRP testing code. The PRP testing code appears not to work at all -
      don't use it!! Just put the output.txt file through pfgw to prp test the
      results. Hope this hasn't caused any problems for anyone.

      Michael.
    • jim_fougeron
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
        Hello all,

        I have just uploaded APSieve v0.68 to primeform files folder in the
        "Sieving Programs" folder. The PRP testing code has been fixed. The
        problem with v0.67 was not in the APsieve code, it was that the
        newer PFGW initialized a global variable differently than in prior
        versions. APSieve was basically running in PFGW -a-1 mode (negative
        1). This causes a smaller FFT number to be used. APSieve was
        basically dying with lots of round off problems, and also locking up
        because of not being able to find a "valid" context.

        All fixed now.

        The new version can be downloaded at:

        20Programs/apsieve068.zip

        Jim