Re: [PrimeNumbers] Goldbach

  • Dick Boland
    Message 1 of 45 , Jan 3, 2001
      It does affect it, it was a typo.Should be k*(k+1)/2 and k*(k-1)/2.The best way to see it is at the website,It large and I couldn't get the pictures to go through on the attachment.-Dick--- Milton Brown wrote:> k^2 - k*(k+1) leaves k remaining not > k*(k-1)> > or k*(k+1) + k*(k-1) = 2*k^2> > Does this affect your proof?> > Could you send you mail with shorter lines,> my printer won't print the long ones.> > Could you also send me a copy of your proof as> an attachment.> > Thank you,> > Milton L. Brown> miltbrown@...> > Dick Boland wrote:> > > Hello,> >> > Yes I can. The distribution function is> simply stated as follows,> >> > For any integer k>4, the first k^2 primes> will be exactly distributed as follows:> >> > k*(k+1) primes between 1 and (p(k^2)+1)/2,> and the remaining k*(k-1) primes will be> distributed between ((p(k^2)+1)/2+1) and> p(k^2).> >> > The way I discovered it was by creating a> mathematical model based on "if Goldbach's> Conjecture were not true, what properties must> the first (lowest 2*g) exception have?" I> narrowed this down to a proof that it must have> the property that there can only be k^2 "odd> primes" up to 2*g and that they must be> distributed k*(k+1) "odd primes" below g and> k*(k-1) "odd primes" between g & 2*g.> >> > But before you numerically reach the highest> "odd prime" odd prime, you have just passed the (k^2)th> prime in light of including "2" as a prime. So> the (k^2)th prime, which is an exact point in> the distribution of primes occurs one prime> before the (k^2)th odd prime. What you find is> that because primes are distributed in this> manner, you can never restore the balance> needed for an exception. Or more obviously,> you can never develop enough order, enough> compositeness, to support an exception to the> conjecture.> >> > As for my claims, I have toned them down and> I am more comfortable now that I understand and> have taken steps to protect myself. Which is a> major concern of mine because this is my ticket> to transform my life into the profession for> which I seem to have been born. I haven't> worked this hard to be left in the dust and> have others take the credit. It may sound> harsh, but I didn't mean it to put anybody off,> quite the opposite, I am seeking help to allow> this work to see the light of day and to> support me so that the rest of what I am> capable of proving can also see the light of> day.> >> > -Dick Boland> >> >> >> > omega@... wrote:> > >> > > I have rigidly proven Goldbach's> Conjecture. It's amazing because the thing I> found to finally prove it is "THE" prime number> distribution function. Did this really escape> everybody?> > >> >> > Hello Dick,> >> > I really dont know what to think of this. My> first thought is that its a rather early 1> April post after reading your claims in the> beginning...> >> > Can you explain cq summarize for the mere> mortals on this list what THE prime number> distribution function is and how you discovered> it?> >> > W> > --> > http://www.plex.nl/~reney/primepage.html> >> > [Non-text portions of this message have been> removed]> >> > eGroups Sponsor> >> > Unsubscribe by an email to:> primenumbers-unsubscribe@egroups.com> > The Prime Pages : http://www.primepages.org> >> > ---------------------------------> > Do You Yahoo!?> > Yahoo! Photos - Share your holiday photos> online!> >> > [Non-text portions of this message have been> removed]> >> > Unsubscribe by an email to:> primenumbers-unsubscribe@egroups.com> > The Prime Pages : http://www.primepages.org> > .> numbers-unsubscribe@egroups.com> > The Prime Pages : http://www.primepages.org> > .>

    • Kermit Rose
      Message 45 of 45 , Dec 21, 2005
        From: Milton Brown
        Date: 12/21/05 16:35:16
        To: Werner D. Sand; primenumbers@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: RE: [PrimeNumbers] Goldbach

        These messages about Goldbach's Conjecture are not
        supposed to be to this mailing list (also the Riemann Hypothesis).

        There are separate mailing lists for these.

        Kermit says.

        Milton! You surprise me.

        Goldbach's conjecture IS about prime numbers. It's doesn't matter that
        there exist mailing lists specifically about Goldbach's conjecture.