Re: A goldbach conjecture for Twin Primes

  • William F Sindelar
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2001
      Hi Everybody
      The recent discussions on the above subject reminded me that about a year
      ago I posted 2 questions to Primes L which seem related to it. Harvey
      Dubner responded and kindly e-mailed me a copy of his paper "Twin Prime
      Conjectures". Phil Carmody wrote a script for question 2 and calculated
      to 200,000. Seems like the answer to both questions might be yes, but
      since theory and sophisticated programming are way beyond me I just gave
      up. For anyone that may be interested, here are the 2 questions:
      One, is every EVEN integer >= 12 and divisible by 3 always equal to the
      SUM or DIFFERENCE of two other EVEN integers divisible by 3, such that
      each of those two other even integers plus and minus one is a twin prime
      set?
      Two, is every EVEN integer >= 12 that is straddled by twin primes always
      equal to the sum of two other EVEN integers that are straddled by twin
      primes?
      Thanks everyone and regards
      Bill Sindelar