My ACT conjecture

  • Kaveh Vejdani
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2001
      > We should try to collect as many of very hard to prove or disprove
      > conjectures about primes as ever possible of any of the types ACF
      > or ACT to convince Chris Caldwell that such an ACF/ACT conjectures
      > page would be a page of it's own right among his prime pages.
      >
      > Hans
      >
      > PS:
      > Which ACF/ACT conjectures about (or including) primes are
      > known to you?

      Hans, here's my ACT conjecture, of you like :

      For fixed, relatively prime naturals a,b, every large enough number
      of the form ax+b is the average of two primes of the form ax+b.

      This, apparently, is a GC-like conjecture for the infintely many
      primes on the series ax+b. Goldbach's conjecture is actually a
      special case of the above conjecture as the set of naturals, in which
      GC is defined, is a special case of ax+b, with a=1.

      Kaveh