Re: Backtrack?

  • d.broadhurst@open.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 2, 2001
      Marcel Martin wrote

      > There were very few answers to my post.

      I didn't dare tell you that I use it all the time,
      including the advanced set up.

      I thought you might foam at the mouth :-)
      if I showed you:

      Binary size = 7560
      Running time 53h 38mn 42s for path
      Running time 11h 0mn 50s for rest
      with backtrack at end of Run 1 Part 2
      at 1 GHz

      Thanks for letting me be so "inefficient" :-)

      David
    • d.broadhurst@open.ac.uk
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2001
        PS: I looked to see how many backtracks there were in

        > Binary size = 7560
        > Running time 53h 38mn 42s for path

        answer = 15 backtracks in 353 steps

        For my money, that was a small price to pay,
        at this bitsize, for complete avoidance of Run 2.
        Opinions may vary, but experiment should
        at least be allowed, please, Marcel.