Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: A goldbach conjecture for triplet primes

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2001
      On Sat, 01 December 2001, d.broadhurst@... wrote:

      > Phil: As for "triplet middles": try the analyis mod 30. David

      As you may have worked out - I did have my doubts, then I had my doubts about my doubts :-|. However, I'm convinced that for at least 10 minutes last night I was actualy correct, evem if for the wrong reason.

      Explicitly:
      1 5 7 5 alone
      5 7 11 7 alone
      7 11 13 30n+11
      11 13 17 30n+13
      13 17 19 30n+17
      17 19 23 30n+19
      Therefore the gamut of sums is
      30n + { 0, 4, 6, 8, 22, 24, 26, 28 }
      and occasional 30n + { 16, 18, 20 }
      Which falls somewhat short of the mark.

      Oh well.

      Phil

      Don't be fooled, CRC Press are _not_ the good guys.
      They've taken Wolfram's money - _don't_ give them yours.
      http://mathworld.wolfram.com/erics_commentary.html

      http://www.shopping.altavista.com