Re: A goldbach conjecture for triplet primes

  • d.broadhurst@open.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2001
      Phil: As for "triplet middles": try the analyis mod 30. David
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2001
        On Sat, 01 December 2001, d.broadhurst@... wrote:

        > Phil: As for "triplet middles": try the analyis mod 30. David

        As you may have worked out - I did have my doubts, then I had my doubts about my doubts :-|. However, I'm convinced that for at least 10 minutes last night I was actualy correct, evem if for the wrong reason.

        Explicitly:
        1 5 7 5 alone
        5 7 11 7 alone
        7 11 13 30n+11
        11 13 17 30n+13
        13 17 19 30n+17
        17 19 23 30n+19
        Therefore the gamut of sums is
        30n + { 0, 4, 6, 8, 22, 24, 26, 28 }
        and occasional 30n + { 16, 18, 20 }
        Which falls somewhat short of the mark.

        Oh well.

        Phil

        Don't be fooled, CRC Press are _not_ the good guys.
        They've taken Wolfram's money - _don't_ give them yours.
        http://mathworld.wolfram.com/erics_commentary.html

        http://www.shopping.altavista.com