Re: A goldbach conjecture for triplet primes

  • d.broadhurst@open.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2001
      Phil Carmody
      > I take your conjecture, and raise it
      > "only triplet primes not of the form 6n",
      I repeated the calculation leaving out
      all primes divisible by 6.
      It apears that the conclusion is unchanged.
      David:-)
    • d.broadhurst@open.ac.uk
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2001
        Phil: As for "triplet middles": try the analyis mod 30. David
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2001
          On Sat, 01 December 2001, d.broadhurst@... wrote:

          > Phil: As for "triplet middles": try the analyis mod 30. David

          As you may have worked out - I did have my doubts, then I had my doubts about my doubts :-|. However, I'm convinced that for at least 10 minutes last night I was actualy correct, evem if for the wrong reason.

          Explicitly:
          1 5 7 5 alone
          5 7 11 7 alone
          7 11 13 30n+11
          11 13 17 30n+13
          13 17 19 30n+17
          17 19 23 30n+19
          Therefore the gamut of sums is
          30n + { 0, 4, 6, 8, 22, 24, 26, 28 }
          and occasional 30n + { 16, 18, 20 }
          Which falls somewhat short of the mark.

          Oh well.

          Phil

          Don't be fooled, CRC Press are _not_ the good guys.
          They've taken Wolfram's money - _don't_ give them yours.
          http://mathworld.wolfram.com/erics_commentary.html

          http://www.shopping.altavista.com