Re: [PrimeNumbers] Titanic irregular primes

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2001
      On Fri, 30 November 2001, Chris Caldwell wrote:
      > To make your request perfect, all you need to add is one thing: a quick way
      > for the
      > parser to estimate the size... they had a nice Fourier expansion don't
      > they? I need
      > to get my books out--but right now back to class!

      The top 25 hits on google between them yield nothing better than:

      numbers.computation.free.fr/Constants/Miscellaneous/bernoulli.html
      <<<
      log|N_2k| = 2klog(k)+O(k).

      However, there's no indication of the size of the error term, so this approximation might be useless.

      On the same page there are also approximations for the Bernoulli numbers themselves, so as long as submitters factor the denominator back in, you should be OK.

      (Don't bother trying to look at that page unless you use a graphical browser and a MS operating system - it's a MS-Frottage-generated non-conformant mess.)

      Phil

      Don't be fooled, CRC Press are _not_ the good guys.
      They've taken Wolfram's money - _don't_ give them yours.
      http://mathworld.wolfram.com/erics_commentary.html

      http://www.shopping.altavista.com