Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: prime with sum of digits < 5 in any even base?

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2001
      On Tue, 27 November 2001, jfoug@... wrote:
      > > > Let Amin(b) be the smallest a given base b
      > > > Does a finite limit exist for Amin(b) as b->infinity

      Thanks for the data Jim.
      Perhaps I should clarify that (in the context of the discussion preceding it, which was talking about 'sufficienty large' a values) my Amin was intended to be the smallest a such that all a>Amin are always prime-yielding, i.e. the smallest suffiently large a value, rather than the smallest a which is non-prime-yielding. Sorry if there was confusion, I was over-abbreviating.
      Which of the two was your data?

      Phil

      Don't be fooled, CRC Press are _not_ the good guys.
      They've taken Wolfram's money - _don't_ give them yours.
      http://mathworld.wolfram.com/erics_commentary.html

      http://www.shopping.altavista.com