Re: Prime fibonacci

  • d.broadhurst@open.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2001
      Shane Findley noted the following p for which
      F(p) is a titanic PrP:

      > 5387 0
      > 9311 1
      > 9677 0
      > 14431 1
      > 25561 1
      > 30757 0
      > 35999 1
      > 37511 1
      > 81839 1
      > 104911 1 Verified on 4 / 2001

      The PrP F(104911) was discovered by Bouk de Water. See http://
      ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hlifchitz/Henri/fr-us/PrpRec.htm

      A proof of primality of F(104911) is
      far beyond the present ability of humankind.

      These titanic Fibs are proven prime:

      F(81839) 17103 p54 2001
      F(35999) 7523 p54 2001
      F(30757) 6428 p54 2001
      F(25561) 5342 p54 2001
      F(14431) 3016 p54 2001
      F(9677) 2023 c2 2000
      F(9311) 1946 DK 1995
      F(5387) 1126 WM 1990

      Shane noted that F(37511) is PrP but he missed F(50833).

      Bouk and I have been worked intensively on these two.
      Their proofs will be very difficult to complete,
      but we live in hope of proving F(37511), for which
      the present factorization percentages of the digits
      of N-1 and N+1 are 22.31% and 7.92%

      David Broadhurst