RE: [PrimeNumbers] Goldbach

  • Hadley, Thomas H (Tom), NBSO
    Message 1 of 45 , Jan 3, 2001
      Dick, I'm confused.

      I'm assuming that your notation p(n) means the nth prime, so for example
      p(25) = 97, the 25th prime. So if we let k=5, then does your formula say:

      The first 25 primes will be exactly distributed as follows:

      5*(5+1) primes between 1 and (p(25)+1)/2 and the remaining 5*(5-1) primes
      will be distributed between ((p(25)+1)/2+1) and p(25)

      OR

      30 primes between 1 and 49 and the remaining 20 between 50 and 97?

      This is not true, (but perhaps you're missing a factor of 2, because there
      are indeed 15 primes between 1 and 49 and 10 primes between 50 and 97).

      Tom

      Message 45 of 45 , Dec 21, 2005
        From: Milton Brown
        Date: 12/21/05 16:35:16
        To: Werner D. Sand; primenumbers@yahoogroups.com

        These messages about Goldbach's Conjecture are not
        supposed to be to this mailing list (also the Riemann Hypothesis).

        There are separate mailing lists for these.

        Kermit says.

        Milton! You surprise me.

        Goldbach's conjecture IS about prime numbers. It's doesn't matter that
        there exist mailing lists specifically about Goldbach's conjecture.