Prime Number Equation

  • Kent Nguyen
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2001
      Greetings Prime Number Hobbyist,

      I've managed to find an equation that resemble the prime number sequence. My
      generated number sequence from this equation has the same density property as
      the prime number sequence.

      The equation is:
      x^3 + x + y^2 + y +1 where x, y are integer and x = 1 ... infinity, and y = 1
      ... infinity

      I've attached a PHP program that will generate this number sequence. The
      program is pretty easy to understand, it simply solves for the equation using
      an integer combination of x and y.

      Maybe I'm delusional, but this looks to me like chaos theory.

      I welcome all criticisms.

      Thank you for your time,
      --kent

      PS: To run the program you need PHP install; perferably that you run this
      under Linux because that's the environment I've tested on. To run type
      "./sum.php". If you're not able to run it check if "sum.php" is executable.