Re: [PrimeNumbers] prime squares

  • MICHAEL HARTLEY
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 2001
      To: primenumbers@yahoogroups.com
      From: "Shane" <TTpi314159@...>
      Date sent: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 02:57:13 -0000
      Subject: [PrimeNumbers] prime squares

      > Has anyone got any information on this ?
      >
      > _____
      > /24k+1 = A whole prime, or is a product of primes less than
      > __
      > /k

      24k+1 is not divisible by 2 or 3. The exceptions to the above rule
      will be when 24k+1 is a prime times 5, 7, 11 13, 17 19 or 23.

      > Otherwise it has a fractal, and so is composite.

      I don't know what you mean by "a fractal", but certainly if 24k+1 is
      not a whole prime, it will be composite...
      \

      Michael Hartley : Michael.Hartley@...
      Head, Department of Information Technology,
      Sepang Institute of Technology
      "If you entertain an attitude, it becomes an action..."