conjecture

  • Eric Anderson
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 19, 2001
      As long as us amatuers are conjecturing here's
      mine.There are at least (2-1)(3-1)...(pn-1)*PN^2/#pn
      (truncated) primes between PN and PN^2 for PN
      suffienty
      large where PN is the next larger prime after pn.If we
      subtract 1 from the expression then PN might become
      suffiently large as low as 19.
      An example( 48*121)/210 gives 27.657 so there are
      approximately 26 primes between 11 and 121.

      # means primorial Eric

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • Devaraj Kandadai
      Message 2 of 4 , May 29, 2009
        Sometime ago I had conjectured that the prime factors of a Carmichael
        number cannot ALL be Mersenne.. . In my next post I hope to furnish
        the proof based on the attached.
        A.K. Devaraj

      • David Broadhurst
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
          --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
          Devaraj Kandadai <dkandadai@...> wrote:

          > In my next post I hope to furnish the proof

          but then merely made the obvious remark:

          > highly improbable

          No progress has been reported since the posting by Max Alekseyev
          http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?p=55271#post55271
          > 01 Jun 05, 11:39 PM

          David
        • Devaraj Kandadai
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2009
            True; recall that I used the phrase " Hope to prove"; Also the
            improbabality indicated by me is so great that I can safely challenge
            anyone to produce a counter example. Also note the improbabality reasoned
            has nothing to do with rarity of Mersenn primes.
            Devaraj