Subject: prime chain,curios!

  • d.broadhurst@open.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      Yes Normam, I imagine that Euler was quite happy when
      he discovered that. 41 is the biggest
      prime p such that n^2+n+p is prime for n in [0,p-2].
      Amusingly, the explanation behind this relates
      to the closeness of exp(pi*sqrt(4*41-1)) to an integer.
    • Jud McCranie
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
        At 09:49 PM 10/1/2001 +0000, d.broadhurst@... wrote:
        Amusingly, the explanation behind this relates
        >to the closeness of exp(pi*sqrt(4*41-1)) to an integer.

        The class number problem, right?

        | Jud McCranie |
        | |
        | Programming Achieved with Structure, Clarity, And Logic |