Re: Large Floating Point Library...

  • jfoug@kdsi.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2001
      You might try checking out GMP at:

      http://www.swox.se/gmp/

      or Miracl at:

      http://indigo.ie/~mscott/

      GMP does floating point numbers. Miracl does rational numbers.
      I have not worked with either one of them (except with their
      multi-precision integers), so I can not tell you which is better
      than the other.

      Jim.

      --- In primenumbers@y..., "Robert Sitton" <rsitton@a...> wrote:

      > I am in need of a large floating-point library. Can anyone point
      me to such
      > a library?
      >
      > Robert L. Sitton
      > Software Engineer
      > ICQ: 28332295
      > Fax: 303-975-6336
      > "code is life"
      >
      > The Japanese master Nan-in gave audience to a professor of
      philosophy.
      > Serving tea, Nan-in filled his visitor's cup, and kept pouring. The
      > professor
      > watched the overflow until he could restrain himself no longer:
      > "Stop! The cup is overfull, no more will go in."
      > Nan-in said, "Like this cup, you are full of your own opinions and
      > speculations. How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your
      cup?"

    • Robert Sitton
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2001
        Thanks for the help. Any "C++" libraries with source?

        Robert L. Sitton
        Software Engineer
        ICQ: 28332295
        Fax: 303-975-6336

        Daring ideas are like chess men moved forward. They may be beaten, but they
        may start a winning game.-- Goethe

      • jfribrg@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
          The book "Numerical Recipes in C" contains C source code for a floating point package. If possible, switch from C++ to Java, and you get the floating point library for free.