RE: [PrimeNumbers] Two anti-div diamonds (correction)

  • Jon Perry
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29 7:13 AM
      The original statement is wrong, for example 24:7,16 and 25:2,3,7,10,17.
      This is because 49 is a square.

      So:

      A number is prime iff two consecutive integers do not share an anti-div.

      Jon Perry
      perry@...
      http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~perry
      Brainbench 'Most Valuable Professional' for HTML
      Brainbench 'Most Valuable Professional' for JavaScript
      http://www.brainbench.com
      Object-Oriented Links at Cetus
      http://www.cetus-links.org
      Subscribe to Delphiadvanced:
    • Dan Morenus
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29 9:44 AM
        OK, do you mean, "A number p is prime iff two consecutive
        integers a and a+1 do not share an anti-div, and p = 2a+1" ?

        The sad part is I haven't dug into the archives deep enough
        to know what an anti-div is. :P

        Jon Perry wrote:

        > The original statement is wrong, for example 24:7,16 and 25:2,3,7,10,17.
        > This is because 49 is a square.
        >
        > So:
        >
        > A number is prime iff two consecutive integers do not share an anti-div.
        >
        > Jon Perry

        -- Dan Morenus (dmorenus@...)

        -- This parachute is not warranted to be suitable --
        -- for any purpose, including descending safely --
        -- from an airplane to the ground. --
      • Jon Perry