Fwd: Re: Calendar - How do I use the Database feature? (KMM50193638V40578L0KM)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2001
      We apologise for the database hiccoughs... It appears Yahoo are still trying to finding their two most gifted employees so that a single synapse can be grown between them.

      Phil

      My Original Message:
      ====================

      Group name: primenumbers

      Subject: How do I use the Database feature?

      Type your feedback here:
      I have a table whre I have set full
      access to all subscribers, and all of the
      subscribers who have tried to _edit_ a
      record have failed. Adding records works
      fine, but editing just doesn't work. I
      have to do it manually after they e-mail
      me about their failure.

      While Viewing:
      http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/database/database-07.html

      Yahoo ID: thefatphil
      Browser: Mozilla/4.77 [en] (X11; U; Linux 2.2.17 i686)
      REMOTE_HOST: unknown
      Date Originated: Wednesday September 26, 2001 - 15:21:43

      -------

      Yahoo Groups' reply
      ===================
      Subject: Re: Calendar - How do I use the Database feature?
      (KMM50193638V40578L0KM)
      To: Phil Carmody <fatphil@...>
      From: Groups <egroups-feedback@...>
      Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 19:29:56 -0700

      Hello,

      Thanks for your email to Yahoo! Groups Support.

      Your group's Database feature can have up to 10 tables. Each table can
      have up to 10 columns and 1000 rows.

      When following these instructions, keep in mind that the group's owner
      can restrict access to certain features. If you cannot see a link
      described in the instructions then you do not have access to that
      feature or you must be a member to use it. You can contact the group's
      owner by sending email to:

      groupname-owner@yahoogroups.com

      where "groupname" is the exact name of the group. If you are the
      group's owner, make sure you are signed in with the proper ID and you
      have the correct email address selected.

      Below you will find instructions on how to:

      A. Create a table
      B. Add a record
      C. Edit a record
      D. Edit a table
      E. Delete a record
      F. Delete a table

      ---

      A. To create a table:

      1. Go to your group's page:

      2. Click on the "Database" link on the left side of the page

      3. Click on the "Add Table" link

      4. Select a template or "(empty)" to create your own

      5. Configure the table and click on "Create Table" below the form

      ---

      B. To add a record:

      1. Click on the "Database" link on the left side of the group's page

      2. Click on the name of the table in which you want to create a record

      3. Click on the "Add Record" link above or below the table

      4. Complete the form and click on "Save Record"

      ---

      C. To edit a record:

      1. Click on the "Database" link on the left side of the group's page

      2. Click on the name of the table in which you want to edit a record

      3. Click on the "Edit" link to the right of the record

      4. Complete the form and click on "Save Record"

      ---

      D. To edit a table:

      1. Click on the "Database" link on the left side of the group's page

      2. Click on the "Edit" link to the right of the table that you want to
      edit

      3. Complete the form and click on "Save Table"

      ---

      E. To delete a record:

      1. Click on the "Database" link on the left side of the group's page

      2. Click on the name of the table in which you want to delete a record

      3. Click on the "Delete" link to the right of the record

      4. Confirm and click on "Delete Record"

      ---

      F. To delete a table:

      1. Click on the "Database" link on the left side of the group's page

      2. Click on the "Delete" link to the right of the table that you want to
      delete

      4. Confirm and click on "Delete Table"

      Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. We also invite
      you to visit the Yahoo! Groups Help Pages at:

      http://help.yahoo.com/help/groups/

      Regards,

      Yahoo! Groups Support

      http://www.shopping.altavista.com