USA

  • paulmillscv@yahoo.co.uk
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2001
      Hello to all,
      I received an email from an American , Danny Sleator, this morning.

      'I cannot express my own shock and sorrow
      regarding today's events. This is a tragedy
      whose magnitude can only be compared with
      a war. The effect of this will directly
      and indirectly affect our lives for years.'

      Regards,
      Paul Mills,
      England.
    • Pavlos S.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2001
        I express my regret for this cowardly acts.Its the
        first time that the worlds leader in technology and
        miliatary power is striken by such an aggresive
        attack.The people involved should be hunted and
        punished.So many Innocent people.....To be completely
        objective,we should also hunt and punish the
        responsibles for the Turkish invasion in Cyprus,the
        coop in Chile,the genocide in Rwanda,the bombardement
        of Iraq with depleted uranium bombs(child leuchaimia
        statistics have quadraplet since then),the
        bombardement of Serb hospitals,public markets,and tv
        stations...They were Innocent victims also..There is
        no difference in killing an Innocent American child
        than a Serb or Iraqi one...
        When will this conscious living DNA-complex understand
        that there should be no wars,no aggression at
        all....when will we see a peaceful world.....

        Keep calm

        --- paulmillscv@... wrote:
        > Hello to all,
        > I received an email from an American , Danny
        > Sleator, this morning.
        >
        > 'I cannot express my own shock and sorrow
        > regarding today's events. This is a tragedy
        > whose magnitude can only be compared with
        > a war. The effect of this will directly
        > and indirectly affect our lives for years.'
        >
        > Regards,
        > Paul Mills,
        > England.

        http://im.yahoo.com
      • Nathan Russell
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2001
          On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 04:25:34 -0700 (PDT), "Pavlos S."
          <pavlos119@...> wrote:

          >I express my regret for this cowardly acts.Its the
          >first time that the worlds leader in technology and
          >miliatary power is striken by such an aggresive
          >attack.The people involved should be hunted and
          >punished.So many Innocent people.....To be completely
          >objective,we should also hunt and punish the
          >responsibles for the Turkish invasion in Cyprus,the
          >coop in Chile,the genocide in Rwanda,the bombardement
          >of Iraq with depleted uranium bombs

          Depleted uranium has a half-life in the billions of years. There's
          Carbon 14 all through our food, as well as Oxygen 17 (IIRC) that is
          many hundreds of thousands of times more radioactive. Also, uranium
          is a metal - it pretty much sits where it fell. The easiest way to
          kill someone with depleted uranium *shells* - can't make bombs out of
          it - is to drop them on their heads, and that is indeed what the US
          military was trying to do.

          >(child leuchaimia
          >statistics have quadraplet since then)

          Where did you get this figure from?

          ,the
          >bombardement of Serb hospitals,public markets,and tv
          >stations...They were Innocent victims also..There is
          >no difference in killing an Innocent American child
          >than a Serb or Iraqi one...

          I agree. I don't agree with everything my current President has done
          and is doing, but I don't know as I completely agree with you either.

          Nathan
        • Hugo Scolnik
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 12, 2001
            I entirely agree with your mail.

            We have to teach our children that to kill a person in country A is a much of a crime as to kill another in country Z.

            Ms.Kirspatrick (Clinton´s former security advisor) recalled yesterday that the blockade to Iran killed half a million children.

            The coup in Chile was just a little part of the "Condor operation" encouraged by Mr.Kissinger, which allowed the kidnapping, torturing and killing of thousands in Latinamerica (including concentration camps). Now he refuses to answer the questions of several judges from different countries.

            What happened yesterday is horrible and surely our lives will change forever. But many other horrible things happen in the world while most people and governments remain silent or indifferent perhaps because there is no media around.

            Last year I was in Alagoas, the state of Brazil which has more water. However, a lot of people die because the private armies of the landowners do not allow them to reach the lakes for drinking fresh water. Any CNN coverage ?

            Therefore it is very sad, but things are not black or white; there are many shades of gray

            Regards

            Hugo Scolnik

            The beginning of success is to be different. The beginning of failure is to be the same.