Probabilistic approach to prime counting

  • chrisdecorte
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2014
      With this document, I feel that this subject is covered:
      http://www.slideshare.net/ChrisDeCorte1/probabilistic-approach-to-prime-counting

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20, 2014
        Chris de Corte wrote:

        > With this document, I feel that this subject is covered.

        What wonderful self-confidence the author has.
        Apparently nothing more needs to be said?
        I looked at the "document", where the author writes:

        > I would like to thank this publisher

        So this fully "covering" document is already published.
        How could members of this list possibly dare to comment?

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 23, 2014
          Chris de Corte wrote:

          > The question of why we had to correct our probabilities
          > with a factor alpha [i.e. exp(Euler)] from 2 onward remains
          > open. And to be honest, we can’t give a good mathematical answer.

          Answer:

          http://mathworld.wolfram.com/MertensTheorem.html

          F. Mertens,
          "Ein Beitrag zur analytischen Zahlentheorie",
          J. reine angew. Math. 78 (1874) 46--62.

          http://gdz.sub.uni-goettingen.de/en/dms/load/toc/?PPN=PPN243919689_0078