Bounded Gaps of Primes

  • Bob Gilson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2014
      It's interesting that the most recent progress in reducing the bounded gaps for primes has been

      4680 Polymath Project
      600 James Maynard
      270 Polymath Project

      All these gaps are divisible by 30, and as David Broadhurst confirmed but could not prove, any number wholly divisible by 30, including 30, can be broken down into the sum of two particular even numbers. And on either side of those particular even numbers, twin primes will be found.

      Examples 30 = 18 + 12 : 17:19 & 11:13
      270 = 72 + 198 : 71:73 & 197:199

      Food for thought?

      Bob
    • yasep16
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 13, 2014
        Le 2014-01-13 20:12, Bob Gilson a écrit :
        > It's interesting that the most recent progress in reducing the bounded
        > gaps for primes has been
        >
        > 4680 Polymath Project
        > 600 James Maynard
        > 270 Polymath Project
        >
        > All these gaps are divisible by 30, and as David Broadhurst confirmed
        > but could not prove, any number wholly divisible by 30, including 30,
        > can be broken down into the sum of two particular even numbers. And on
        > either side of those particular even numbers, twin primes will be
        > found.
        >
        > Examples 30 = 18 + 12 : 17:19 & 11:13
        > 270 = 72 + 198 : 71:73 & 197:199
        >
        > Food for thought?
        >
        > Bob

        We love Maths because indeed there is no coincidences :-)
      • Chris Caldwell
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 13, 2014
          I am not sure what you are saying below, but it reminds me of "the Goldbach conjecture using twin primes" E.g., D. Zwillinger, Math Comp, vol 33, #147, page 1071, July 1979.

          CC

          It's interesting that the most recent progress in reducing the bounded gaps for primes has been

          4680 Polymath Project
          600 James Maynard
          270 Polymath Project

          All these gaps are divisible by 30, and as David Broadhurst confirmed but could not prove, any number wholly divisible by 30, including 30, can be broken down into the sum of two particular even numbers. And on either side of those particular even numbers, twin primes will be found.

          Examples 30 = 18 + 12 : 17:19 & 11:13
          270 = 72 + 198 : 71:73 & 197:199

          Food for thought?

          Bob

          Yahoo Groups Links
        • Bob Gilson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 13, 2014

            I guess what I am trying to indicate is, that to reduce the bounded gap to 2, which neither the Polymath Project, nor James Maynard expect to reach through their current methods, some alternative thinking is required.

            Alas I do not have access to the reference book you have kindly alluded to.

            Bob

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 14, 2014

              Chris Caldwell wrote:

              > it reminds me of "the Goldbach conjecture using twin primes"
              > E.g., D. Zwillinger, Math Comp, vol 33, #147, page 1071, July 1979.

              See also Harvey Dubner's paper
              http://oeis.org/A007534/a007534.pdf