Frobenius probable prime test

  • Kermit Rose
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2014
      Frobenius probable prime test

      The web page at

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frobenius_pseudoprime

      says that

      In number theory, a Frobenius pseudoprime is a pseudoprime that passes a
      three-step probable prime test set out by Jon Grantham in 1996.

      What are the three steps in the Frobenius probable prime test?

      Kermit Rose
    • wraythex
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2014
        You can find the actual paper with a quick Google search:
        https://www.google.com/search?q=Grantham+Frobenius+pseudoprimes

        The first link for me is a link to the PDF on the AMS website:
        http://www.ams.org/mcom/2001-70-234/S0025-5718-00-01197-2/S0025-5718-00-01197-2.pdf

        In that paper he defines many different types of probable prime tests, including
        the Frobenius probable prime test. That can be found in Section 3, which starts
        on page 6 of the pdf (page 878 of the paper). The actual definition for the
        Frobenius probable prime test and for Frobenius pseudoprimes are down on page
        881 of the paper.

        -David C.