Thread for base-related prime search info

  • James Merickel
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2013
      Dear group members:

      I just thought I'd (try to) set aside a space specifically dedicated to things like the search info on the home prime of 49 & 77 (Only unresolved 2-digit) and the relatively recently discovered 'reverse-concatenation' prime 37765 37764 37763 ... 3 2 1 (2nd of type after 82 81 80 ... 3 2 1).

      Unknown 3 of interest that come to mind:
      1) 1st forward-concatenation prime,
      2) 1st base-13 reverse-concatenation prime,
      3) 1st non-trivial Smarandache-Wellin type number in base 23 that is prime.

      I will give my search limits (or results) on each of these here in forward when I have extended them (fairly soon) and am ready to pass them along.  If somebody is interested in starting on any, I'd suggest guessing around where I am and working forward or just waiting; or alternatively trying to settle #2 with base 25 and other apparently difficult ones.

      JGM