Minimal Rabin-Miller bases

  • Alan Eliasen
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2013
      I'm working on making primality testing for smallish numbers more
      efficient in a couple of platforms, including my programming language
      Frink [1] and in Java 8 and trying to verify the state of the art beyond
      the bounds published here:

      http://primes.utm.edu/prove/prove2_3.html#quick

      I've found a couple more results:

      * Finding strong probable prime bases for efficient ranged primality
      testing: Wojciech Izykowski and Marcin Panasiuk:

      http://priv.ckp.pl/wizykowski/sprp.pdf

      (Note: this paper uses "complex" to mean "composite", I believe. I
      also don't understand their statement that Worley is wrong for n=25. I
      believe they're referencing http://www.gpgpgpu.com/gecco2009/6.pdf%e2%80%8e )

      * And an anonymous page at http://math.crg4.com/primes.html

      Have any of these newer results been independently validated? Is
      there reason to believe or disbelieve them?

      [1] http://futureboy.us/frinkdocs/

      --
      Alan Eliasen
      eliasen@...