What the hell just happened to yahoogroups?

  • warren_d_smith31
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 31, 2013
       Wow!  The home pages of the groups just got incredibly ugly and dysfunctional in a complete appearance and function change which made it way worse and also deleted the "pictures" (a big picture of the number 2, in the case of primenumbers). Plus there are now giant ads obscuring most of the screen. Is yahoo intentionally trying to make everybody go away? --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <david.broadhurst@...> wrote: --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com , whygee@... wrote:

      > If this is the case then isn't this a proof of the twin primes
      > conjecture ?

      No. The twin prime conjecture is based on the heuristic
      that n increases faster than log(n)^2.

      The present conjecture is based on the heuristic
      that n increases faster than log(n)^4.

      You can keep on going, piling on extra conditions.
      In general, every constellation that is not forbidden
      is expected to occur an infinite number of times.

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2013
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <warren.wds@...> wrote:

        >  Wow!  The home pages of the groups just got incredibly ugly and dysfunctional

        I jump straight to
        http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/primenumbers/messages
        which seems for the time being to be ad-free.

        David
      • mistermac39
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1, 2013
           In case I never am able to contact you chaps again, because of Yahoo (Boohoo), it has been a pleasure to know you all.
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 1, 2013
             I tried David's workaround, but the bastewards change the "groups" to "neo/groups". I am furious about this!
            --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <mistermac39@...> wrote:
             In case I never am able to contact you chaps again, because of Yahoo (Boohoo), it has been a pleasure to know you all.   --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com , <david.broadhurst@...> wrote: --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com , <warren.wds@...> wrote: >  Wow!  The home pages of the groups just got incredibly ugly and dysfunctional I jump straight to http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/primenumbers/messages which seems for the time being to be ad-free. David
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 1, 2013
              --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <mistermac39@...> wrote:

              >  I tried David's workaround, but the bastewards
              > change the "groups" to "neo/groups".
              > I am furious about this!

              Try starting at

              It seems to be a US/UK thing at present.
              But no doubt they will make this pond-side
              suffer like you, real soon.

              http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/26251.html

              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 1, 2013
                --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "djbroadhurst" <david.broadhurst@...> wrote:

                > --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <mistermac39@> wrote:
                >
                > >  I tried David's workaround, but the bastewards
                > > change the "groups" to "neo/groups".
                > > I am furious about this!
                >
                > Try starting at

                I looked to see if managers can keep their groups "classic". Seems not:
                et seqq.