Re: Twin Prime Puzzle

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 30, 2013
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, whygee@... wrote:

      > If this is the case then isn't this a proof of the twin primes
      > conjecture ?

      No. The twin prime conjecture is based on the heuristic
      that n increases faster than log(n)^2.

      The present conjecture is based on the heuristic
      that n increases faster than log(n)^4.

      You can keep on going, piling on extra conditions.
      In general, every constellation that is not forbidden
      is expected to occur an infinite number of times.

      David
    • warren_d_smith31
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 31, 2013
         Wow!  The home pages of the groups just got incredibly ugly and dysfunctional in a complete appearance and function change which made it way worse and also deleted the "pictures" (a big picture of the number 2, in the case of primenumbers). Plus there are now giant ads obscuring most of the screen. Is yahoo intentionally trying to make everybody go away? --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <david.broadhurst@...> wrote: --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com , whygee@... wrote:

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1 3:58 AM
          --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <warren.wds@...> wrote:

          >  Wow!  The home pages of the groups just got incredibly ugly and dysfunctional

          I jump straight to
          http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/primenumbers/messages
          which seems for the time being to be ad-free.

          David
        • mistermac39
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 1 11:12 AM
             In case I never am able to contact you chaps again, because of Yahoo (Boohoo), it has been a pleasure to know you all.
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 1 11:20 AM
               I tried David's workaround, but the bastewards change the "groups" to "neo/groups". I am furious about this!
              --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <mistermac39@...> wrote:
               In case I never am able to contact you chaps again, because of Yahoo (Boohoo), it has been a pleasure to know you all.   --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com , <david.broadhurst@...> wrote: --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com , <warren.wds@...> wrote: >  Wow!  The home pages of the groups just got incredibly ugly and dysfunctional I jump straight to http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/primenumbers/messages which seems for the time being to be ad-free. David
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 1 12:50 PM
                --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <mistermac39@...> wrote:

                >  I tried David's workaround, but the bastewards
                > change the "groups" to "neo/groups".
                > I am furious about this!

                Try starting at

                It seems to be a US/UK thing at present.
                But no doubt they will make this pond-side
                suffer like you, real soon.

                http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/26251.html

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 1 1:18 PM
                  --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "djbroadhurst" <david.broadhurst@...> wrote:

                  > --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <mistermac39@> wrote:
                  >
                  > >  I tried David's workaround, but the bastewards
                  > > change the "groups" to "neo/groups".
                  > > I am furious about this!
                  >
                  > Try starting at

                  I looked to see if managers can keep their groups "classic". Seems not:
                  et seqq.