Re: [PrimeNumbers] Twin Prime Puzzle

  • Bob Gilson
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 30, 2013
      I can give you the beginning of the full sequence.

      It is 10,16,18,22,24,30,34,36,42,46,48,54,60,64,66,72,76,78,84,90,102,106,108,112,114,120,126,132,138,142,144,150,156,158,168,180,198,210,240,246 . . .

      That is as far as paper and pencil takes me, and I might have made some typo errors.

      Incidentally, I have not laid claim to any proof of anything whatsoever.

      I just wanted to know how far primorial 30 extends into this realm.

      Kind regards

      Bob

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 30, 2013
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, whygee@... wrote:

        > If this is the case then isn't this a proof of the twin primes
        > conjecture ?

        No. The twin prime conjecture is based on the heuristic
        that n increases faster than log(n)^2.

        The present conjecture is based on the heuristic
        that n increases faster than log(n)^4.

        You can keep on going, piling on extra conditions.
        In general, every constellation that is not forbidden
        is expected to occur an infinite number of times.

        David
      • warren_d_smith31
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 31, 2013
           Wow!  The home pages of the groups just got incredibly ugly and dysfunctional in a complete appearance and function change which made it way worse and also deleted the "pictures" (a big picture of the number 2, in the case of primenumbers). Plus there are now giant ads obscuring most of the screen. Is yahoo intentionally trying to make everybody go away? --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <david.broadhurst@...> wrote: --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com , whygee@... wrote:

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 1, 2013
            --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <warren.wds@...> wrote:

            >  Wow!  The home pages of the groups just got incredibly ugly and dysfunctional

            I jump straight to
            http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/primenumbers/messages
            which seems for the time being to be ad-free.

            David
          • mistermac39
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 1, 2013
               In case I never am able to contact you chaps again, because of Yahoo (Boohoo), it has been a pleasure to know you all.
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 1, 2013
                 I tried David's workaround, but the bastewards change the "groups" to "neo/groups". I am furious about this!
                --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <mistermac39@...> wrote:
                 In case I never am able to contact you chaps again, because of Yahoo (Boohoo), it has been a pleasure to know you all.   --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com , <david.broadhurst@...> wrote: --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com , <warren.wds@...> wrote: >  Wow!  The home pages of the groups just got incredibly ugly and dysfunctional I jump straight to http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/primenumbers/messages which seems for the time being to be ad-free. David
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 1, 2013
                  --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <mistermac39@...> wrote:

                  >  I tried David's workaround, but the bastewards
                  > change the "groups" to "neo/groups".
                  > I am furious about this!

                  Try starting at

                  It seems to be a US/UK thing at present.
                  But no doubt they will make this pond-side
                  suffer like you, real soon.

                  http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/26251.html

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 1, 2013
                    --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "djbroadhurst" <david.broadhurst@...> wrote:

                    > --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, <mistermac39@> wrote:
                    >
                    > >  I tried David's workaround, but the bastewards
                    > > change the "groups" to "neo/groups".
                    > > I am furious about this!
                    >
                    > Try starting at

                    I looked to see if managers can keep their groups "classic". Seems not:
                    et seqq.