speed of generating primes up 300 million on a lap

  • viva8698
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13 2:51 PM
      Can someone tell me what would be the approx. time an algorithm for prime generation would need for producing all primes from 2 up to 330.000.000 on a simple 2.53 GHz lap?
      Just an approximation or comparable would help me, if anybody has
      Many thanks
    • Jens Kruse Andersen
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13 4:48 PM
        viva8698 wrote:
        > Can someone tell me what would be the approx. time an algorithm
        > for prime generation would need for producing all primes from
        > 2 up to 330.000.000 on a simple 2.53 GHz lap?
        > Just an approximation or comparable would help me, if anybody has

        If it's single-core then maybe 0.1s for a fast program like
        http://code.google.com/p/primesieve/

        --
        Jens Kruse Andersen