Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: primes such that every bit matters?

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 9, 2013
      --- On Thu, 4/4/13, djbroadhurst wrote:
      > "WarrenS" <warren.wds@...> wrote:
      > > It's just a bit weird that I thought I had a totally original
      > > problem, and it turns out it has been worked on a ton by others
      > > for years...
      >
      > Why might that seem "weird" to you, Warren?
      > None of us should presuppose a monopoly on originality.

      There is something weird though - and that's that huge quantities of
      stuff I looked at a decade ago is being rediscovered by Warren. This
      makes my retirement from the field very hard, as he keeps posting
      things that I've been directly interested in. However, I'm happy, as
      a fresh mind approaching a problem can only ever increase the amount
      that is known, never diminish it. In particular, whilst my arithmetic
      may have been efficient, I was rarely good at the hard maths, so
      hopefully Warren can get past the road-blocks that I had way back when.