Re: [PrimeNumbers] Hello

  • Paul Leyland
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 29, 2013
      On Mon, 2013-01-28 at 22:36 -0400, Maximilian Hasler wrote:

      > You might find interesting stuff to read on mersenneforum.org
      > (not limited to Mersenne primes),
      > which is a forum easier to navigate through than this group (I think).
      >
      > Also, a better place for informal discussions,
      > getting help from friendly users,
      > and a little more on the "fun" side.
      >
      > Maximilian

      Indeed. Be aware, though, that the forum owner and supermods (I'm one)
      have a rather idiosyncratic sense of humour and that some of the forum
      behaviour isn't always what you might have expected. That said, it is a
      very friendly and helpful site, by and large. I've learned a lot there
      and have taught a lot there too.

      Neither is it limited to primes, mersenne or otherwise. As well as the
      obvious factorization threads, there are also discussions about science,
      technology, mathematics, politics, finance, health and several versions
      of general purpose silliness.

      OK, ad-break over. We now return you to your scheduled programming.

      Paul