Fwd: Mathematica 9 is now available

  • john saccuan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2012
      FYI

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Wolfram Research <info@...>
      Date: Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 11:44 PM
      Subject: Mathematica 9 is now available
      To: saccuan.john@...

      Mathematica 9 is now available!

      Mathematica 9 introduces the new Wolfram Predictive Interface and
      adds over 400 new functions, including:

      * Highly integrated units support, including free-form linguistic
      entry, conversions, and dimensional consistency checking across
      graphics and numeric and symbolic calculations
      * Major new data science, probability, and statistics
      functionality.including survival and reliability analysis, Markov
      chains, queueing theory, time series, and stochastic differential
      equations
      * R fully integrated into Mathematica workflow for seamless data
      and code exchange
      * Integrated analog and digital signal processing
      * 3D volumetric image processing and out-of-core technology that
      scales up performance to very large 2D and 3D images and video
      * New graph and network analysis, including a built-in link for
      Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more

      For a complete list of new features and to request a free trial,
      visit:
      http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica/new-in-9

      For a fuller description of new technologies, ideas, and
      directions from the creator of Mathematica, see CEO Stephen
      Wolfram's blog post:
      http://blog.wolfram.com/2012/11/28/mathematica-9-is-released-today

      To see Mathematica 9 in action, join us at the FREE Mathematica
      Experts Live events focusing on what's new in Mathematica 9.

      December 10: Predictive Interface and Units
      December 12: Social Networks and Data Science
      December 14: Data Manipulation and Visualization

      Space is limited for each, so reserve your place now:
      http://www.wolfram.com/mathematica-experts-live-new-in-9

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2012
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com,
        john saccuan <saccuan.john@...> wrote:

        > Mathematica 9 is now available!
        > For a fuller description of new technologies, ideas, and
        > directions from the creator of Mathematica, see CEO Stephen
        > Wolfram's blog post
        leading to
        > in Mathematica 9 there's an important new idea.
        > We call it the Wolfram Predictive Interface, and what it does
        > is to automate the process of suggesting at every step what to
        > do next [ugh!]

        Well that's one way advertizing an over-priced commercial product.