Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: Fermat factorization

  • ronhallam@lineone.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25, 2012
      Dear all
      He has also sent a message directly to me.

      He clearly does not understand some very basic concepts:
      1) If you think that you have found an error, look for the error
      in your own work and if you cannot spot the error put the work away
      for sometime (3 months is good) then go back to it.

      2) If a message has been posted to a group and no one has found an
      error, the likelihood is that the error is in your own work; usually
      true 999 times out of a thousand.

      3) if the formula work on small numbers, try the same formula on
      medium size numbers and than on large numbers; and not just one of
      each, it would not be that first time that spurious results can result
      from special factors relating to the number(s).

      4) Do not use results, ie the difference, which can only be found
      after the complete factorization has been completed.

      Ron

      large

      >difference will factored hardly is wrong. Please follow the link which

      >found about Fermat factorization.

      >http://kadinumberprops.blogspot.in/2012/11/fermats-factorization-running-time.html

      >On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 5:08 PM, ronhallam@... <
      >ronhallam@...> wrote:
      >
      >> **
      >>

      >> Hi
      >> The absolute limit to which the fermat factorization would have
      >> to go to find a solution at the worst would be when the number,
      N, is

      >> prime and no tests have been carried out: the maximum value would
      be

      >> given by (N + 1 - (2s))/2, where s= flr(sqrt(N)).

      >> if some trial division has been carried out to say D, the maximum

      >> limit can be reduced to:

      >> (((s - D)^2 + (N - (s*s))/D)/2

      >> The number of operations can be reduced by looking at (N + 1 -
      (2s))

      >> mod 4, if the result is 0 then only even values need be looked at,
      and

      >> if the result is 2 then only odd numbers need be looked at.

      >> example N = 13199 s = 114

      >> (13199 + 1 - (2*114)) = 12972

      >> 12972 mod 4 = 0

      >> the numbers that need to be looked at are (114 + 2aa) aa =

      >> 1, 2, 3, ... upto (12972/2)/2.

      >> example N = 1803601 s = 1342

      >> (1803601 + 1 - (2*1342) = 1800918

      >> 1800918 mod 4 = 2

      >> the numbers that need to be looked at are (1342 + (2aa -1)) aa =

      >> 1, 2, 3 .... upto (1800918/2)/2

      >> For large numbers the amount of processing would still be

      >> considerable and then one would need to look at a sieve for the
      values

      >> of a.

      >> Ron

      time

      >> complexity of fermat factorization method?

      >> factorization we have to search 'a' > sqrt(N) so that a^2 - N =
      b^2.