Beginner question about prime pairs frequency;

  • Flavio Mattos
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2012
      Hi!
      I've just started to study Theory of Numbers and I wonder if there are
      further evidences to the conjecture that there are infinitely manu
      prime-pairs (p,p+2).

      I've draw a frequency graph counting such pairs each 10^9 intervals and it
      seams to be a very smooth curve.

      As the curve resembles the prime frequency curve itself, I�ve also plot the
      ratio between them. It�s also interesting.

      I�ve also ploted two other conjectures about prime triplets of form (p,
      p+2, p+6) and (p, p+4, p+6).

      I'm including a PDF with the graphics.

      Thanks in advance,

      Flavio Mattos