What is the smallest prime?

  • paulunderwooduk
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 11, 2012
      Hi,

      http://arxiv.org/abs/1209.2007 is easy reading.

      I think 1 is not prime because 1 square tile is a square!

      Paul
    • whygee@f-cpu.org
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2012
        Le 2012-09-11 19:28, paulunderwooduk a écrit :
        > Hi,
        >
        > http://arxiv.org/abs/1209.2007 is easy reading.
        >
        > I think 1 is not prime because 1 square tile is a square!
        >
        > Paul

        but in some cases it's handy to count it as a prime :-)

        yg
      • Chris Caldwell
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11, 2012
          Paul Underwood:
          > http://arxiv.org/abs/1209.2007 is easy reading.

          Thanks, that was the goal. I thought I might point out this article refers to our list of references about the primality of one with a "URL to be determined." When I update the article I will put in the correct URL:

          http://primes.utm.edu/notes/one.pdf

          CC