Correction (#2) on off-topic (If not concerned with non-prime matter)

  • James Merickel
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2012
      I said some number (an exponent) was in the 7 millions.  It was in the 4 millions, and the base-3 subject area had a record of 50 non-zero digits for an exponent in the 70 millions.  So, I was mixing those differing sequences up more than once. [My online and working comps are separate, if this had not registered.] The pace of reaching the higher exponents does suggest true base-10 arithmetic operations on individual digits are considerably slower than by-cases base-3 arithmetic in this specific case (if interested).

      {Just mentioning in case somebody were to check.}

      JGM
      P.S. Hope I am not interrupting here.