Re: [PrimeNumbers] Twin prime conjecture

  • bobgillson@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 2012
      Now I am totally lost. . .

      Symmetry, beauty and simplicity may well demonstrate that the Twin Prime Conjecture is false. Until someone, somewhere, is able to prove it one way or the other, the conversation is futile.

      Look at Littlewood's proof regarding Li (n) versus Pi (n).

      Sent from my iPad

    • whygee@f-cpu.org
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 2, 2012
        Le 2012-08-02 22:25, bobgillson@... a écrit :
        > Opinions are far more numerous than proofs

        certainly.

        however, I have been working on-and-off on this and see that it
        is not impossible. It just requires a LOT of work, collaboration
        and more insight.
        The real problems :
        - maths don't pay. time is money. etc.
        - I'm not "one of them" and I don't speak their "language".
        I'm developing tools and relationships to help with all that.

        so yes, a proof is a lot of work but i'm hopeful.
        and if i don't do it, others will.
      • bobgillson@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2, 2012
          As I said the conversation is futile, but good luck!

          Sent from my iPad

          On 2 Aug 2012, at 21:53, whygee@... wrote:

          > Le 2012-08-02 22:25, bobgillson@... a écrit :
          > > Opinions are far more numerous than proofs
          >
          > certainly.
          >
          > however, I have been working on-and-off on this and see that it
          > is not impossible. It just requires a LOT of work, collaboration
          > and more insight.
          > The real problems :
          > - maths don't pay. time is money. etc.
          > - I'm not "one of them" and I don't speak their "language".
          > I'm developing tools and relationships to help with all that.
          >
          > so yes, a proof is a lot of work but i'm hopeful.
          > and if i don't do it, others will.

        • Sebastian Martin Ruiz
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 4, 2012
            Conjecture:

            Let p(n) the nth prime number n>1

            There is a twin prime pair between p(n) and p(n+1+Floor[log[n]^ w]

            w is a real number    1<w< 2

            Since we have
            Sincerely

            Sebastian martin Ruiz

            Why not another number near 2 and related to 2? For example, 2*sqr(2)*log(2) = 1.9605....

            --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Sebastian Martin Ruiz <s_m_ruiz@...> wrote:

            > I tried experimentalemte many values. I work with MATHEMATICA and modifying the formulas many times I looking for symmetry, beauty and simplicity. Respect to (2-1/Pi ^ 2) is the best bound that I have found but there may be some other smaller. I do math proof later when I can.

            large lists of twin primes would be interesting to someone with a powerful computer trying to refine the value of wfor  n>n0 sufficiently large.