Re: sufficient test for primes with certificate

  • bhelmes_1
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 16, 2012
      Dear David,

      thanks a lot that you reveal a hole in the proof and in the algorithm.

      You will surely remark that both counterexample are of the form
      a=16 and a=121 and that they are squares.

      I have to exclude the case that a is a square, because otherwise
      the proof and the criteria do not work.

      > This nullifies the false claim of
      > http://109.90.3.58/devalco/suf_helmes.htm

      Do not be so fast in nullifying my theory.

      Do you find one counterexample where a is not a square ?

      I thank you for your engagement and your work.

      Nice greetings from the primes.
      Bernhard
    • paulunderwooduk
      Message 33 of 33 , Sep 21, 2012
        --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, "paulunderwooduk" <paulunderwood@...> wrote:
        :

        > I ran various "minimal \lambda+2" tests on Gilbert Mozzo's 20,000 digit PRP, 5890*10^19996+2^66422-3 (x=1), using a 2.4GHz core:
        > {
        > 0m32.374s pfgw64 (3-prp)
        > 1m9.876s pfgw64 -t
        > 1m53.535s pfgw64 -tp
        > 3m0.483s pfgw64 -tc
        > 5m12.972s pfgw64 scriptify
        > 4m4.811s gmp (-O3/no pgo)
        > 4m9.148 pari-gp
        > 1m15s theoretical Woltman implementation
        > }

        I compiled a better version of my code with gmp 5.0.5, on a different box running at 3.6GHz and got some better timings
        {
        17.505s pfgw (3-prp)
        1m1.986s pfgw -tp
        1m13.789s gmp (-O3/no pgo)