What to do about a journal submission

  • primorial3
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2012
      Hello,

      About 3 weeks ago I submitted a paper to a peer-reviewed journal (not a very well-known one -- it's only been running a few years) and realise that there are one or two errors. They amount to little more than algebraic typos but I imagine they will throw the referee. If they do, then my only hope is that he'll be able to see virtue in my method, which incidentally, I'm rather pleased with.

      The first theorem gets a result that I think a number theorist would find interesting, and there are only a couple of mistakes in that one (but one of them is a bit more than a minor typo, even though my method, inasmuch as it can be discerned when there are these errors, is not at fault). The subsequent three theorems were absolutely riddled with errors of the same kind. I've corrected them.

      The journal had an online elecronic submission process, in which you select the refereee you think will be the most appropriate. I chose one but I don't know anything more about him than I saw on his university's website.

      Does anyone have any advice as to what to do? Should I just leave it and hope for the best, or contact the editor in chief? Or the referee themselves? I am fast running out of journals to submit to.

      With thanks in advance for any help.