more equivalence theorem

  • Sebastian Martin Ruiz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 16, 2012
      Hello all:

      Also we have:

      Theorem:

      Let p and q consecutive prime numbers >=5

      Let m=(p+q)/2

      m+6 is prime if and only if m-6 is prime.

      Sincerely

      Sebastian Martin Ruiz

      then for k=2 , 3 , and 6
       m+k is prime if and only if m-k is prime.

      I think is possible to found more k....

    • Norman Luhn
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 16, 2012
        Hello Sebastian,
        I think it is trivial.

        m=(p+q)/2

        z1=m-k and z2=m+k are prime.

        m-k+m+k=2m=p+q. So m-k =p and m+k=q , your primes to calculate m.

        Norman