Jenny Jenny prime puzzle

  • Alan Eliasen
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18 3:55 AM
      I posted this (shortened) to Twitter tonight: (I'm
      https://twitter.com/aeliasen )

      I got this phone number from a girl named Jenny tonight. Her 7-digit
      number is 867-5309. She hinted that it's prime and her number plus 2
      are twin primes. Yet I don't know her (3-digit) area code in the U.S.!
      Where could she live?! How many places might you expect mathematically
      and how many places might she really live?

      Note that in the U.S., area codes may not start with 0 or 1. These
      are 3-digit numbers that precede the 7-digit local phone number, giving
      a 10-digit number.

      She also hinted that her 10-digit number with area code and that
      number plus 2 are are also twin primes! Could you tell me now where she
      might live?

      --
      Alan Eliasen
      eliasen@...