Re: [PrimeNumbers] New member

  • Norman Luhn
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 25, 2012
      Hello Flavio,
      welcome !
      --

      Norman

      ________________________________
      Von: Flavio Mattos <flavio.mattos@...>
      An: primenumbers@yahoogroups.com
      Gesendet: 20:13 Freitag, 24.Februar 2012
      Betreff: [PrimeNumbers] New member

      Hi!

      My name is Flavio.

      First of all I must apologize for my bad English.

      I'm a hoobyst programmer and I'm learning JAVA programming language.

      As an exercise I'm calculating the first primes small primes checking my
      results with sites that offers such lists.

      My first 50 million primes maches the Prime Page's first fifty million
      primes (http://primes.utm.edu/lists/small/millions/) , and my first 474
      million primes matches those at Mr Everett's page (
      http://www.mrteverett.com/numbers/primes/)

      The largest list I've found is at BIGprimes.net with one billion and four
      hundred million primes, but I will have to process the htmlpages in order
      to transform it in a sequential file to compare the results.

      Yesterday I finished the 1 billion fist primes lists and I am computing the
      first 3 billion list.

      All programas to compute series are mine, using only standard Java clases,
      and I use my old desktop computer to find the results.

      As I believe I won't find largers lists at internet, I'll verify the
      results using primality tests.

      It's nice to be here.

      Flavio Mattos,
      Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.